- This User Agreement constitutes the agreement between CIBERFORMA. and you as a user who accesses or establishes a connection (“user,” “you,” or “your”) to all our services.
- You agree to abide by all of the provisions in this Agreement in order to remain an authorized user of the Services, and your use of the Services constitutes your agreement to abide by these provisions. Distribution of your user name or password to others for access to the Services is prohibited and may result in termination of your account.
- CIBERFORMA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change any or all of the provisions of this Agreement at any time. CIBERFORMA will make the current Agreement available at this URL, as well as from a link at the bottom of each Service’s home page. The Agreement in effect at the time of you use the Service shall govern your use and your use of the Service after the effective date of any changes to this Agreement will be deemed your acceptance of the changes.
- CIBERFORMA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, limit, or discontinue any aspect, content, tool, or feature that is a part of the Services. CIBERFORMA further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict the use of the Service as well as suspend or revoke your rights to use the Services based on CIBERFORMA ‘s belief that your use of the Services violates that permitted by this Agreement or applicable law.
- IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
Rights in Service Content and the Service
- All content and tools provided by CIBERFORMA on the Services are protected by copyright, trademark and/or other applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights laws and are owned, controlled, and/or licensed by CIBERFORMA. The Services are also protected by copyright, patent, trademark, and other applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights laws. All trademarks appearing on the Services are the property of their respective owners. You agree not to use any trademarks or copyrighted material without express written permission of CIBERFORMA.
- You may search, retrieve, display, download, and print content from the Services solely for your personal use. You shall make no other use of the content without the express written permission of CIBERFORMA. You will not modify, publish, distribute, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, translate, create derivative works, or in any way exploit other than as set forth herein, any of the content, tools or technology, in whole or in part, found on the Services. Further, you shall not engage in any systematic downloading or other activity directed towards any of the content, in whole or in part, found on the Services that would create any electronic database or archive containing such content. You shall not make any changes to any content that you are permitted to download under this Agreement, and in particular, you will not delete or alter any proprietary rights or attribution notices in any content. You also will not “frame” any of the content, tools or technology on the Services or the Services themselves without the express written permission of CIBERFORMA. You agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights in any downloaded content. You further agree that all rights in the Service and any of the content found on the Service not granted to you under this Agreement are expressly reserved to CIBERFORMA and/or its licensors.
- In searching the Services, you shall not employ any automated search tools, including so-called “crawlers,” “bots” and “spiders” that programmatically access and extract content in order to repurpose or resell the Services content and tools, nor may you “scrape” and/or reformat any information off the services HTML pages or XML interface, including meta tags, results pages, abstracts, and documents without the express written permission of CIBERFORMA.
User Activities and Privacy of User Information on the Service
- You will use the Services and any tools, content, material, or information found on the Services solely for lawful purposes. You shall not upload to, distribute to or through, or otherwise disseminate through the Service any material or information of any kind that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise violates any law or infringes or violates any privacy or other rights of any other person or entity, or contains a solicitation of funds, advertising, or a solicitation for goods or services.
- You warrant that any material or information that you make available through the Services, including, for example, postings to chat areas and forums and documents you may post to your work area, is solely your original work, or that you have all necessary rights to make the material or information of any other person or entity available on the Services. You will be solely responsible for the content of any material or information that you make available through the Services. You will also be liable for any damage resulting from your making any material or information available through the Services.
- Except as set forth below, by making any material or information available through the Services, for example, in postings to chat areas and forums, you automatically grant to CIBERFORMA a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute and sublicense any such material or information (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works regardless of form, media, or technology. By making any material or information available through the Services, you also grant to users other than yourself the right and license to access, view, store, or reproduce your material and information for that user’s personal, internal use. CIBERFORMA shall acquire no rights to personal documents that you or authorized parties post to your work area.
- CIBERFORMA has no obligation to, and does not and cannot, review every item of material or information that you and users other than you make available through the Services, and CIBERFORMA is not responsible for any content of this material or information. However, CIBERFORMA reserves the right to delete, move, or edit any material or information that it deems, in its sole discretion, unacceptable, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise in violation of any law or that infringes or violates any privacy or other rights of any person or entity. Further, HighBeam Research reserves the right at all times to disclose any material or information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request.
Disclaimer of Warranties & Limitation of Liability
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER HIGHBEAM RESEARCH NOR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS (AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THEY WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR CONTENTS OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIAL, POSTINGS, OR POSTING RESPONSES FOUND ON THE SERVICE, ANY MERCHANDISE OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES, OR ANY LINKS TO OTHER SITES OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES.
- THE SERVICES, ALL TOOLS, CONTENT, MATERIAL, INFORMATION, POSTINGS, OR POSTING RESPONSES FOUND ON THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR GROSS OR WILLFUL NEGLIGENCE, SHALL CIBERFORMA (OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS (AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS), BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIAL, POSTINGS, OR POSTING RESPONSES ON THE SERVICE, OR THE SERVICE ITSELF. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE PARTY LIABLE OR ALLEGEDLY LIABLE WAS ADVISED, HAD OTHER REASON TO KNOW, OR IN FACT KNEW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT CIBERFORMA (AND ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR (AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS), IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER, INCLUDING YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF CIBERFORMA (OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS (AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS)) TO YOU EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO CIBERFORMA DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO ANY CLAIM OF INJURY OR DAMAGE.
This Agreement and any policies and rules posted on the Services by CIBERFORMA constitute the complete and exclusive and final expression of the agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
No waiver by either CIBERFORMA or you of any breach or default under this Agreement shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of CIBERFORMA and its successors, trustees, and permitted assigns.
CIBERFORMA may assign this Agreement, or any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement, with or without notice to you. Any such assignment by CIBERFORMA does not relieve you of your obligations under this Agreement.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact:
Updated: March 18, 2018