Definition of Dial-up Networking Monitor in the Network Encyclopedia.
What is Dial-Up Networking Monitor?
Dial-Up Networking Monitor was a Microsoft Windows NT utility accessed through Control Panel that showed status information for an active dial-up networking session. Dial-Up Networking Monitor was one of the tools included in Windows NT when Remote Access Service (RAS) is installed on the machine.
Dial-Up Networking Monitor shows the following information:
- The condition of the selected RAS device
- Device and connection statistics in bytes and frames in and out
- Accumulated device errors and overruns
- The networks and users your devices are connected to
- Preferences for status icons and sounds
Note: Deprecated technology.