An Electromagnetic Field meter is a scientific instrument for measuring electromagnetic fields (abbreviated as EMF meter). Most meters measure the electromagnetic radiation flux density (DC fields) or the change in an electromagnetic field over time (AC fields), essentially the same as a radio antenna, but with quite different detection characteristics.
The two largest categories are single axis and tri-axis.
- Single-axis meters are cheaper than tri-axis meters, but take longer to complete a survey because the meter only measures one dimension of the field. Single-axis instruments have to be tilted and turned on all three axes to obtain a full measurement.
- Tri-axis meters measure all three axes simultaneously, but these models tend to be more expensive.
Active and passive sensors
Active sensors are sensing devices which contain active components; usually, this solution allows for a more precise measurement with respect to passive components.
A passive receiving antenna collects energy from the electromagnetic field being measured and makes it available at an RF cable connector. This signal then goes to the spectrum analyzer but the field characteristics can be someway modified by the presence of the cable, especially in near-field conditions.
Best choice: TriField EMF Meter Model TF2
Small, light and inexpensive, the TF2 Meter from TriField is the smarter choice for this kind of equipment.
The TF2 system provides a large, clear LCD display which shows the full levels that are impacting any particular area. It also has a sound feature that you can use to directly pinpoint the source of the radiation.
The TF2 is equipped to measure fast pulses which other EMFs aren’t. This device has a larger range: 19.999 Mw.
Features and Benefits:
- Detects all three types of EMF pollution: AC magnetic, AC electric, and RF/microwave
- Peak Hold captures fast pulses, for measuring fast digital signals
- 3-axis AC magnetic field, 1-axis AC electric field, 1-axis RF (reads all existing 5G, etc.)
- Fast indicator bar quickly shows hot spots and adjustable backlight
- Performs both standard AC readings and weighted (emphasizes high frequencies
The TriField EMF Meter Model TF2 is an AC gaussmeter, AC electric field meter, and radio power density meter in a single unit, that combines all the features needed for fast, accurate measurements of electromagnetic fields (EMF). In addition to standard AC measurement modes, a special frequency weighted mode will properly scale the magnetic and electric measurements to indicate the full magnitude of currents produced by each type of field inside the human body. (If only powerline frequency is present, Standard and Weighted will read the same. If higher frequencies are present, Weighted reads higher). Made in USA by AlphaLab, Inc.
Check the current price on Amazon