DB Connector is any connector used for connecting data terminal equipment (DTE).
What is DB Connector?
DB Connector is any connector used for connecting data terminal equipment (DTE). The letters “DB” stand for “data bus” and are followed by a number that indicates the number of lines or pins in the connector.
DB connectors were formerly called D-series connectors. DB connectors can be used for either serial or parallel connections between devices. Common members of the DB family include the following:
- DB-9, a 9-pin serial connector for connecting modems, serial printers, mouse devices, and so on
- DB-15, a 15-pin connector for connecting such devices as Macintosh monitors and network interface cards (NICs) for 10Base5 drop cables
- DB-25, a 25-pin connector for connecting Macintosh Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) devices, modems, serial printers, parallel cables, switch boxes, and so on
- DB-37, a 37-pin connector for connecting such devices as routers and Channel Service Units (CSUs)
- DB-60, a 60-pin connector for connecting such devices as Cisco routers
Are you needing DB connectors for some project? Check this from Amazon: Connectors Pro DB9 Female D-Sub Crimp Type Connector, 10-PACK No pin